Make a Plan
Make a preparedness plan for your family at sites.arlingtonva.us/oem
- Learn about the emergency plan for your business
- Test your communication plan with your family
- Check your emergency supplies
- Know when to shelter in place and when to evacuate. If you are safe where you are, stay where you are until you get more information. Visit sites.arlingtonva.us/oem
- Important documents: keep them together, safe and accessible — include insurance policies, photos of your home, home floor plan and personal property inventory. Tip: Put on a flash drive and leave with a family or friend.
- Medication: ask your doctor for samples — put in your supply kit; Have backup plans for oxygen or batteries.
Learn more about emergency preparedness volunteer opportunities at sites.arlingtonva.us/oem
Mark Your Calendar
Sept. 5: Kick Off Event — A-Town Emergency Preparedness Social and Photo Booth, sponsored by Arlington Community Federal Credit Union and A-Town. 6-9 p.m. 4100 Fairfax Dr.Sept. 12: Beginning of Disaster Movie Month at Cinema Draft House. Sponsored by Cinema Draft House. Through Sept. 30.
Sept. 24: Community table top exercise with representatives from Dominion Virginia Power, Verizon, Arlington Public Schools and public safety officials. 7 p.m. Central Library Auditorium, 1015 N. Quincy St.
Join the fun and try your luck with preparedness trivia. Prizes for winning teams. Thanks to Trivia King and Target for their sponsorship.
Sept. 2: Crystal City Sports Pub, 8 p.m.
Sept. 10: Samuel Beckett’s, 7:30 p.m.
Sept. 18: Clarendon Grill, 8 p.m.